AppletVIEW uses Java applets in standard web browsers to interact with your
remote LabVIEW application. No plug-ins, security settings, extra
downloads or licenses are required.
AppletVIEW uses standard HTTP to communicate between the web browsers
and LabVIEW. It works seamlessly with firewalls and
proxy servers. It can also use a non-HTTP high speed binary protocol
when throughput is the most important.
The Java applet used by AppletVIEW is
compliant with Java 1.1
and can run in any web browser supporting Java 1.1.
For example, the following is a sample of the minimum versions
required by the AppletVIEW applet - any newer versions than these will
work just fine:
- Windows 9x/Windows NT 4.0/Windows 2000
- Netscape Communicator version 4.05 or higher
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 4.01 or higher
- Mac OS systems (System 7.5 or later with latest MRJ)
- Netscape Communicator version 4.76 or higher
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 4.0 or higher
- Netscape Communicator 4.05 or higher
- Microsoft Internet 4.01 or higher
Looking at the particular browser you are using to view this page,
it appears to be: